Adams & adms
CAPE TOWN - 2014
Design Indaba is South Africa’s premiere showcase of new and existing creative talent. Adams & Adams has always been a passionate partner of the arts, sponsoring the best new creative award. With copyright, patent and trademark protection not at the forefront of a designers thoughts, A&A developed a range of workshops, committees and a dedicated stand where young creatives could be coached in the management of their own work.
We partnered with 4 existing designers, really the first influencers, who lectured students both at the show, and by remote simulcast across Africa on their rights. As the company’s head of marketing and a designer by trade, I was invited to be part of the awards committee.
This was an amazing concept to develop as it allowed me to transfer my skills and experience into some very talented individuals who have since grown to prominence in their relevant industries, a project of which I am personally very proud.
- Partnership investment totalled GBP 300,000 per annum
- This included award payments as well as all tangible costs
- Our Simulcast was live to over 130 education establishments with more than 4,000 students taking part ona number of topics
- This was run as a CSR project rather than a bottom-line exercise, however more than 20 designers have since sought protection advice from Adams & Adams, generating significant revenue
- PR, AVE and SOV generated amounted to over GBP 1,000,000
- Adams & Adams received a Top Employer award based on this project as well as an innovtiona award from the SA Government
Let’s Start Something new
If you have a need for any of my services or just fancy a chat, then please give me a shout and let’s start a conversation. I look forward to hearing from you.